Wednesday, September 29, 2004


News at the Mountain Bedu Front!

Faisal, my private student & one of the biggest race-horse owners in Riyadh and the amiable private No1 secretary of the local No 2 prince Prince Faisal bin Khalid bin Abdul Aziz , a few nights ago, off the cuff, and quite flippantly, offered me 'a filly' ie one of his racehorses as a gift!

WHAT!!!??

It seems its important for him that I might share the pleasures of owning & watching one's horse race & compete in Saudi racing scene......... he was flushed at the win of one of his horses on the weekend,that he just showed me on video, it won a 100, 000 Riyal (~$27,000Aus)....I was thinking well I need to make a film not own a horse just then he even said "if you need money then you just tell me, we put it in market, sell it & I send it you!"


eh? gulp

I was somewhat taken aback to be sure, couldn't quite believe what he was saying, I said I'd think about it, fearing corruption in the soul but on reflection, I feel it is indeed a generous impulse from his heart, and thereby from God, most Exalted & Generous. The arabs have a deep respect for the 'ustathz' (teacher) that has been lost by society back in the west, to quote "you are my fabulous teacher, and the teacher for me is something....something...how can I say....?" then we got interrupted...as usual by one of the many workers that buzz around the prince

Anyway last night I confirmed that indeed after discussing it with my father I should like to accept his offer & he kind of blinked & he said "your father will probably want to come! to Saudi & see these beautiful horses!" and then we got interrupted again & until the end of the lesson; but not likely thought I!

Not a further word was mentioned about it, so time will tell if he is actually serious or not, but if so, it will fundamentally and radically change my financial state tremendously and the ability to shoot 'The 64 Squares', which was recently & miraculously saved by the Grace of God from incineration when my house recently burnt to the ground (see Monday, August 23, 2004)

hows thAT!?

some kind of grander plan of God (Exalted Be He!) is slowly emerging.....

keep you posted! Godwilling

May The Peace, Grace & Blessings of The Beloved Be Upon All who Chance Upon This...



No comments:

Post a Comment